Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Instant replays with sound effects

So, I've been thinking about how to describe the following experience for the last two days. It is so funny to listen to the boys and their boy talk.

Yesterday I found myself staring at Asher at one of Ethan's soccer games when he turned a waterbottle into a rocket and was trying with all the energy in his three year old body (and mouth) to make it "fly" out of the cup holder in the blue camping chair I was sitting in. The only thing I could think in his intensity was:

"You are so boy,
how, how am
I your mother?
what am I possibly thinking in trying to attempt this?"



Anyhow,
to the point of this, they both are constantly giving me instant replays (with commentaries and in slow motion and sound effects) in the last trick they have done with their bodies or toy.
"first I did this, and then I did this with my body and then I landed on my back and then... I did this back flip and then I did this!
"can you believe it mom!"
"No, mom, mom watch this, watch this, first I did this, and then I did this, and then I did this!"

Mind you, I watched the whole thing in the first place.

3 comments:

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

Very funny and yes, they are so boy! I am waiting for a new post from you, I will be excited to hear about the marathon. For some reason I can't get the date to show up on my blog. Can you ask Omel?

Diane said...

Parents said. . .
Hooray! You are doing it! Hang in there it will be over too soon.
From the Old ones. Mom and Dad

Debbie said...

I don't want to discourage you, Sarah, but I still get the instant replays from Mike. Now its his latest climb. Pace gives me instant replays of skate boarding moves and just recently I get Lacrosse replays from Jake. Last Sunday morning while I was Trying to prepare my Sunday school lesson I got an instant replay, in great detail, of a dream Bruce had while asleep on the couch. The dream, I think it was a football dream, caused Bruce to fall off the couch, creating such a loud bang it woke me up back in the bedroom. Instant replays must be some kind of a boy thing. Get used to it. I just smile, nod, and act interested.