Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Asher is 4!!!!

Asher had his 4th birthday! It is hard to accept the fact that my once baby that I just thought would always be a baby is 4. Asher is my best eater, sleeper, physically active and coordinated and he is really good at getting what he wants through tears. He makes us laugh super duper hard with his way of thinking. For being sandwiched between two brothers who demand a lot Asher is a good sport. Sending him to preschool was the best thing we could have done. We got our old Asher back, the one who's favorite color is Yellow, who loves ice cream, who sings to himself as he plays, who cruises on his new bike, who climbs trees like a mad man, who will eat curry and balsamic vinegar, who's entire face lights up when he smiles, who says he loves me when I pull a turkey sandwich out of the toaster oven for him. Who falls asleep at the drop of a hat, who's name means Happy in Hebrew.
This was a make shift cake, my friend Kathy down the street was "feeling playful in the kitchen" and whipped up cake batter and then put it in a waffle iron. The end result was her eating the equivelant of 4 pieces of cake and sending the rest to us. I layered it with apple pie filling and a ton of whipping cream and then added stale soccer balls made out of frosting. He was happy.
Steph, Mom, and Tam, along with Jordan, Rivkah and Kimball came to celebrate with us, they walked in with a mountain of gifts for the birthday boy he has been in heaven ever since the bearing of gifts from aunties and grandma. Not to mention the car load of groceries that steph insisted on bringing.

5 comments:

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

Awesome, I am so glad I got to see those pictures of the birthday. I love Asher - I hope it was a good day for him and I hope he is loving the floam!
Is mom wearing running pants?

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

The burrito looks like a man in the picture with Mom's running pants. He is so stinking cute!

The Betitas said...

Four is probably my favorite age of all (as far as me watching kids goes). 3 is pretty good too... He is such a handsome boy! I love the cake and the creativity with which it was made:) Happy Birthday Asher-Happy Boy.

breedinglilacs said...

Nice cake. Glad you could put to use the cake waffles. Thanks for letting us come and be with you to celebrate. It was especially fun to walk home with Ethan and Asher after seeing them at happy at school.

lindseyfrancom said...

Happy birthday Asher! I can't believe how time flies- 4, really. Asher-what a perfect name for him!
And the mud incident- hilarious! I want to be a kid again and play in mud.
It was so good seeing you and your family on Sunday.