Monday, January 26, 2009

Oliver is 1!!!


So, when I realized that Oliver was not coming on his due date of January 17th, nor the 18th 19th or 20th I started shooting for the 23rd, National Pie day, He still didn't come, he missed it by 1 hour and 45 min. We still celebrated his birthday in conjunction with National Pie day. It was fun to have friends in our home who have come to mean so much to us here in Manti. We took the liberties of retelling his entire birth story to wide eyed listeners, most of whom had not heard the full blown experience. I remember the few times after his delivery driving back along the same route and crying, thinking about how unlikely of a story it was and how much I really loved having it be just the three of us in the quiet and the dark; so different from the hustle and bustle and brightness of a hospital room. Oliver shocked us at his entrance into the world and continues to shock us daily from walking at 7 months to messes we are cleaning up, to his unbelievable scowles that he gives freely to anyone who may atempt some attention from him. Even after a year I'm still learning the true deffinition of a mother of three, wondering how it is humanly possible to do this. I'm beginning to think it isn't humanly possible, I must have help daily and hourly from a higher source. I'm just glad I'm aware of that source, it takes the fear out of mothering and puts peace in my heart. I love Oliver so much, his squishy body, straight straight hair, his gap between his front teeth and the nickle sized mole on his thigh.

4 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is one! I totally forgot he was walking at 7 months and I am so glad you reminded me of his birth story- what a truly amazing one! We love you Oliver! Happy birthday!

Sara said...

What? Born in the dark? Just the three of us? What does that mean? I definitely need to hear the whole story. It sounds like a crazy one!

And walking at seven months! I have never heard of a baby walking at seven month!

And I've never used so many exclamation points in one comment!

Becca said...

Sarah I love your NPD entry, especially the part about Oliver.Thanks for inspiring me to do NPD. I will post pictures too. I had a lot of fun.

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

I love his squishy body and I wish I could squish it right now. I love the picture too.