Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I love my life

It's Februray, I have Ollie strapped to the highchair eating strawberries, and I feel like posting, which is unusual these days. The sun is streaming into my living room illuminating the Legos scattered all over the floor and the boys are looking at their 3-D valentines that I bought at Walmart for a dollar twenty-five (the after valentines dat sale). This photo was taken a year ago at this time. I'm so glad I am where I am now and not where a was a year ago. I really feel like for the first time I'm falling in love with life. It feels so good to say "I love my life", because I really do, and I love my husband and I love my three boys who stink up the bathroom, and wrestle each other, and run around wearing the incredible hulk undies worn backwards because they like the picture better. The other day while Asher was standing on a chair he said to me:
"mom, where did all those undies go that had a hole in the front?"
Hmmmmm, this was a frequented conversation with the two of us,(at least me trying to make him aware that they were backwards) had he really not known that the hole was really there? Or that he was wearing them backwards? How could he NOT have heard me say that fifteen billion times? I decided to down play it,
"oh," I said
"the ones you are wearing DO have a hole...its on the back.
"Wow! really?" he said he then began to laugh and said
"I have my undies on backwards! That is so funny".

I better go get Oliver out, he is pretty mad and I can only imagine what he is looking like at this point.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Dear Sarah. I hope its okay that I read this blog of yours. I love it. I have always just loved you and the spice you bring to life. In high school I always wished that I was you--you were so cool, ripping pictures of romeo and juliet out of textbooks, walking out of class because you weren't about to ask if you could go to the bathroom, singing Indigo Girls while driving through the canyon. I'm glad you love your life because I love your life too. And your backwards underwear wearing boys are adorable. So adorable.

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

Ok. I cannot stand how cute that picture of the burrito is and I cannot stand how hilarious the underwear story is. I am still laughing out loud and I shouldn't be. The girls are asleep. So funny and so clever.
I just browsed through your friend "Megs" blog and love her idea for framing the map of the world in six frames. Did you see that? I love it.
My burritos tonight were really good. Thanks for that saving suggestion.

lindseyfrancom said...

Are you still feeling that way!?! Because I have my days when I absolutely love everything about my life- I love being a mother, staying at home with them, I love everybody in my life and I even love who I am! and then I have those days where I am miserable- I need to get out, I need a break, but how is that possible? I even need a new me sometimes!!! So, I am really happy for you! Is it going to take me having another baby to discover what you have!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

OH! and what an adorable picture! SOmetimes I wish they would stay that way. ANd the whole valentines thing- don't be too disappointed, at least you did something they all enjoyed- it will be memorable enough for them!

Angela said...

So good to read that. The kids look so cute! I love the last lines of the blog and the backwards undies.

breedinglilacs said...

Oliver hasn't changed that much. I thought that was a current picture. Asher is delectable, especially with the purple heart sucker, he looks like Kimball.