
So, Sanpete has a county fair, and it's in Manti, everytime we would drive by, Ethan and Asher would beg to go, they could see the huge ferris wheel and other rides from the rode, and just couldn't wait to go. I have to admit, In my mind I thought it would be fun to have good family time, create memories for the boys and support our community. We went the night of the demolition derby and all we inhaled the entire time was stinky gross exhauset, cigarette smoke and the stench of cow manuer. All the teenagers had tattoos, ugly hair and dirty language and asher somehow made it right through a pile of sheep do do, the rides were all five dollars a person. The cotton candy was the best part and the scarry man who offered to take our photo, I kept waiting for him to run off with our camera. I love Sanpete County! Now I know why I don't have any memories of county or state fairs I was the youngest and my parents learned their lesson LONG before I was born!
2 comments:
So funny! The State fair in NC is a HUGE deal. Everyone goes! You know how bad of parents Duane and I are- we have never been. I know Jane would love it and I found out that you can get fried twinkies, no one should miss out on that! You are good to take them.
When Steph and I were little Grandma and Grandpa Ed took us to the fair. A sunken chest, shirtless, long hair slimebag was putting us on a ride with a cigarette dangling from his mouth, smoke wafting in our faces when Grandma started yelling at him for blowing smoke in our innocent faces. I thought for sure he'd put the cig out but he just rolled his eyes and locked us in our seat.
It was the only fair I remember attending.
Post a Comment