Friday, October 3, 2008

Zuchini cupcakes




oh my oh my, theses are the best muffins, with or without the frosting. The hint of almond is almost more than I can stand in my human state.




























Zuchini Cupcakes!

3 eggs
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 orange juice
1 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp cinn.
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini

Frosting
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2- 2 cups powdered sugar

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, almond extract. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix. Add zucchini and mix well fill muffin tins bake @ 350 20-25 min

Frosting:
combine brown sugar, butter and milk to sauce pan; bring to a boil over med. heat. Cook and stir 2 min. remove from heat stir in vanilla. cool to lukewarm gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.

Personal note, I add baking soda and baking powder to 1/2 cup buttermilk and stir well and then add to wet ingredients, (it takes the metalic taste away)then add dry. I added an extra cup or two of zuchini as well. and I didn't do the cloves.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe Sarah. I have a little love affair with zucchini myself. Can't wait to try them.